- We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
Over the last decade, traditional churches have come under fire. Many people no longer consider the church relevant or able to offer real help in solving today’s problems.
We recognize that these are changing times. The pressures most of us face are different from those which challenged our parents. However, we are also firmly convinced that people still have basic needs. For some, they can be seen in a hunger for the supernatural. In others, it is a growing dissatisfaction with a lifestyle of business and superficial materialism, or a sense of aloneness that no human relationship seems to be able to fill.
We believe that behind all of these issues stands an overarching need. That need is to know God and to experience His power, love, forgiveness, and joy through a personal faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
In the middle of raising children, advancing your career, and struggling to pay your bills, we want to invite you to come visit us. Join us as we explore what life is all about and consider the very practical help that Christ gives to those seeking to survive in an increasingly complex world.
To make known the supreme goodness and greatness of God through Jesus Christ so that people will experience His saving, transforming power.
To see Jesus Christ build us into a church whose heart has been captured by His glory and beauty, and have experienced his forgiveness, healing and cleansing from sin. To become a people whose passion for Christ fills us with a love for each other, a desire to grow and a self-sacrificing commitment to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all the peoples of the world.
The Saratoga Chapel is a church-planting ministry of the East Glenville Community Church. We began meeting as a Bible Study group in the summer of 1989. Worship services were added in December of that year. The pastor of The Saratoga Chapel is Rev. Jim Hale, a graduate of Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, with a Master of Divinity degree. Jim has served locally in the congregations of the Bethlehem Community Church, Delmar, NY; and the East Glenville Community Church, in East Glenville, NY. We have adopted the Westminster Confession of Faith, and are part of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference (CCCC).
“The Capital District has been my home for many years. I grew up in the hills of Glenville, just north of Scotia, NY, and graduated from Scotia-Glenville High School in 1970. I left the area to attend college and seminary for seven years. In 1977, I returned to serve the Bethlehem Community Church in Delmar, NY, and the East Glenville Community Church, in Glenville, NY, before helping to launch the Saratoga Chapel in 1989. I’ve been married for 40 years and have a great wife, Carol, and four fun kids–three girls and one boy.
Besides being a pastor, I’ve also had the opportunity to drive trucks, work in the home health care field, help out in an advertising agency, and work with developmentally disabled people. I love sports, particularly basketball and running. Tennis is coming along, but my backhand is still suspect. I’m a member of the Malta Rotary and run with the Saratoga Stryders on Wednesday nights. If you are a runner, watch out, I’ll try to recruit you.
One of the greatest desires I have is that the people around me would come to know and experience God in a real and personal way. If I could give you anything, it would be the gift of knowing God through His Son, Jesus Christ, and the certainty of eternal life.”
— Jim Hale, Pastor Saratoga Chapel