Saratoga Chapel Weekly Spotlight - September 17, 2017
WELCOME VISITORS – Thank you for worshiping with us this morning. Please stay and visit with us during coffee hour after the service. Nursery is available throughout the service. Children ages 4 and up are dismissed for Junior Church during the service. Please fill out the Visitor Card in the bulletin and drop it in offering plate, so we can acknowledge you and get to know you better.
Daniel & Soiky Jones and family Appreciation Lunch: Today after the service we will be having a lunch in appreciation of all that the Jones family has done for our church. We will also be taking a LOVE offering to help them as they plant a new church in Albany “ARISE CHURCH International”.
Book of Daniel Bible Study (Beth Moore): Thursdays beginning Sept 21st at 10:00a in the chapel. Study books cost $15.00. Please see Paulette Strong. all women are welcome. Come and bring a friend.
SUNDAY OCTOBER 1st: This will be a very special Sunday for the chapel. AJAY Pillai with India National Inland Mission will be preaching and also telling us a little about the mission in India. Ajay will be flying in Saturday 9/30 and we are planning a light supper on Saturday around 6:30 to give everyone a chance to get to know Ajay better. On Sunday after the service, we are planning lunch for Ajay. This lunch is being considered the second Sunday lunch for October even though it’s the first Sunday in October, so mark your calendars. In addition the Chella’s have offered to open their home Sunday evening for everyone to get to know Ajay better.
ALL VOICES WELCOME: Choir rehearsal starts Wed Sept. 20th from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. Reading music is not necessary, just a love of the Lord and a joy of singing. For more information see or call Kathie Drake at 518-399-7281
AWANA/TRUTH SEAKERS: for our Out Reach Children’s ministry to continue we have a couple of needs
- A person to do games with the children. This segment goes for a ½ hour. We have a book of games to choose from. There are usually 2 or 3 other staff or parents who help provide support. for a ½ hour.
- A person to pick up food for the evening. We have two simple meals we alternate, (1) Frozen pizza or (2) Tube steaks (hot dogs). We also usually provide a drink, fruit or vegetables and cookies. This person would need to make sure the food is there each week but it is not necessary that they be at the meeting.
- A person to order prizes from the Oriental Trading Company that are distributed at the end of each meeting. This person would not need to attend the meeting.
Why do we do this ministry?
- It builds friendships between the children of our church. This is their special group. One of our major goals is to help them have fun together.
- It allows them (our staff and parents) the opportunity to make friends with the boys and girls and their parents outside our church who are unchurched.
- It provides an opportunity to learn the gospel through the story, the Bible and small groups.
PRAYER CHAIN: If you have a prayer request to be put on the prayer chain, please call Erna at
399-1305 or Janet at 399-1421. If you cannot reach either of them, please call Sue Mead at 384-3275 and she will put the message out.
MEN’S BIBLE STUDY: The men of Saratoga Chapel are meeting Wednesday mornings at 7:30 am. All are welcome to come and spend time in fellowship and the Word. If you have any questions please contact Dave Kautzmann.